Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Swept Away

Yesterday, I swept my kitchen floor four times through out the day. And then this morning, as my tired eyes began to focus, I noticed all those crumbs seemed to have reappeared over night. It got me thinking about the troubles and challenges of life that we face. They never stay away. That could be a very depressing thought if we let it be, but there is a profound scripture that was given to us just for that reason.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

So, yes, we will deal with crumbs, but God is always there to give us strength, comfort, and a hope for a future with Him. He provides a peace that will "sweep" away the anxieties of life. The key is to always seek Him and to rely on the promises in His Word.

And one last note (to self): Serve less corn bread at dinnertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment