Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes Life Can Be Just Plain...HARD!

Maybe it was the fact that is was Monday...or maybe it was that I woke up to a house that was 50 degrees...or maybe it was the moment my husband told me that he needed to extend his business trip and would not be coming home on Tuesday. What ever is was, I ended the day feeling nearly defeated. How does the song go? "Momma said there'd be days like this..."

We all have those days; when it seems like everything happens at once. We feel so small, so out of control. Those moments when we open the mailbox and pull out a letter from the insurance company that tells us our last visit to the doctor will not be covered. Or the moment we turn on the washing machine and see water seeping out from underneath. Or that moment when the dog looks up at us in complete misery and we find he has a mysterious limp. And it seems that these "moments" have an uncanny way of heaping themselves together...as if to gang up on us and hit us all at once. The thought might cross our minds that maybe we are being tested, to see what our breaking point might be.

With Christ, there doesn't have to be a breaking point. I had a choice. I could either give up and give in to the pressure...or I could give it to Him.

Many are the affilctions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 34:19

No comments:

Post a Comment