Sunday, March 27, 2011

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Short and Simple)

You may have noticed me posting more these days and I intend to do it even more regularly. Most of my postings will be geared towards my faith (hence the title) since it is the most important part of my life. In fact, I have dedicated this blog to the Lord as a way of blessing Him by sharing how He has blessed me. Call it a form of ministry, if you will; I believe all Christians should strive to share God's Word and His love in any way they can.

So, in writing this blog, if I want to be successful I have to remind myself to just keep it simple. I'm not a theologian discussing deep interpretations of the Bible. I am just a student, ever learning, and as I learn and grow I feel a desire to share. I love what God is showing me so much that I can't keep it to myself...and I want to be obedient to Him.

But the word of God grew and multiplied. Acts 12:24

One way I plan to keep it simple (and to keep the attention of the reader) is to just make the posts short. I realize people are busy and my posts should only take about 2-3 minutes to read. I know when I read a post on another person's blog, if it takes more than a few minutes to read I tend to skim down to the end or just quit reading all together. I just don't have the kind of time to read lengthy (and sometimes drawn out) writings.

I shall make my point, share the Word, and we can all go about our other business of the day! :)

Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 106:1

No comments:

Post a Comment