Monday, March 21, 2011

Beneath The Dirty White Snow...


Here in Wisconsin, Spring is somewhat resistant. In fact, as I write this, my weather app is flashing out of the corner of my screen, indicating that there is yet another winter storm warning in effect. It prompts me to say, "make up your mind." Is it going to be spring or winter today? And as I ask that question, it's good for me to ask the same of myself, am I going to be like the harshness of winter or the hopefulness of spring? Spring offers newness and a tender rebirth of things. Hidden beneath that dirty layer of snow out there are fresh shoots of life waiting to break through the ground. In some areas of our yard where the snow has melted, they have already shown themselves, giving hope to a ravaged ground that has seen such bitter cold for so many months.

God gives us such wonderful object lessons! No matter what storms I go through, He is there, steady and constant and ready to renew my soul. So with that...I choose...


You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; and You renew the face of the earth. Psalm 104:30

No comments:

Post a Comment