Thursday, April 7, 2011

Looking Forward To That Ring Around The Tub!

I used to detest the sight of a ring in the bathtub, but in recent years I have grown to appreciate it for what it represents. Two things: A) The fact that I have children and what a blessing they are and B) the fact that they are getting outside in the fresh air. Never mind the fact that they are getting good and dirty. The point is they are getting outside...something that hasn't happened too much lately. But now that the weather has changed it's time to head back out there to climb trees, dig in the dirt, and enjoy the beauty God has given to us in nature. For instance, Robbie just came running inside yelling, "I saw a butterfly!" That warms my heart.

Yes, I'm constantly cleaning up mud on the floor (hey, it's spring) and yes, my son's fingernails almost always look filthy. But, that's just part of the package and I've chosen to love it all. Besides, they're outside getting exercise and burning off energy and that also makes me happy. It's a win-win, if I choose to overlook the little annoyances.

How wonderful it is when God shows us the beauty in what might normally seem...gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment