Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Big Lessons Sometimes Come In Small Packages

My Lydia, who's eight, has always said she doesn't want to have babies because she doesn't want to go through the pain of pregnancy, labor, and delivery. I'm not sure where she could have EVER learned that pregnancy involves suffering (I say that with a sheepish wink). ;-) For now, she has decided to adopt. I will support her fully if she continues with that decision. The Lord knows that there are plenty of babies world wide that need loving homes. However, if it's a decision she makes because of selfish reasons, like not wanting to experience a little pain, I think God is already starting to set her straight.

I see how much she adores her new baby brother. I've explained to her that if I didn't want to feel the discomfort or pain, then we wouldn't have little Adrian. Perish the thought! He is such a blessing to the whole family. God is using him to teach his siblings lessons about love and selflessness.

May we never get so wrapped up in our own feelings that we miss out on what God wants to bless us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment