Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy is a four-letter word.

If you hear me utter these words, "I'm soooo busy!" You have my permission to whack me up side the head...and then you can say, "what, like you're any busier than I am?" To say those words is like saying everything I'm doing is more important than you are or what you do is not important. I don't want to be know as a busy person. It's not a compliment; it doesn't make me any more important than anyone else. If anything, it makes it appear that I don't know how to prioritize or organize my time. People are the most precious gift of God. Aside from saving time for Him, He also expects us to make time for others. We get caught up in our own lives and before we know it, kids are grown, friends have moved away, or worse, lives come to an end without the chance to say, "you are special to me." Yes, I want to be known as the person who has time for others.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some phone calls to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment