Tuesday, September 22, 2009

23 Minutes In Hell

As a life-long Christian, it is so encouraging to have a passion for Christ renewed. Many times, we get stale in anything that is important to us; family, work, healthy lifestyle. When I feel like a fire has been lit under me, there is nothing more important.

The world is changing at lightning speed and I want to make sure I don't get lost in the race. This past election year has had a great impact on how I see my future clearer than ever. I have come to accept the fact that someone whom I find could be one of the biggest threats to our nation has become president. Am I afraid? Not really...in the whole scheme of things, I know that this is ultimately part of God's plan...to know that is very exciting. I know that because my hope and faith is in Christ, my future is secure. There are no promises that the immediate future will be a pleasant one, but in the reality, this time in human history is just a blink of an eye and rather insignificant. I'm more focused on my eternity.

I came across an audio clip I heard a couple of years ago. When I first heard it, I immediately had a renewed sense of how many people risk being lost for eternity. Scripture is clear that anyone who denies Christ will be sent to hell.
...but unless you repent you will likewise perish. Luke 13:3

I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life. John 8:12

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father except through Me. John 14:6
Until I heard this clip I didn't fully understand what that meant. Now that I have a better understanding, I would not wish it on anyone. I listened to it again the other day to remind myself of how important it is to share the good news of Christ. I believe we are so close to the ultimate promise that God had describe in Revelation that I know I have a responsibility to share that good news with anyone I can.

Here is the audio clip 23 Minutes In Hell. This clip is from Bill Wiese, a real estate broker and self-described "average Christian" who shares his story of a vision God gave him late one night. This was not a dream. Bill states that he physically left his body and was placed in hell. Why? Well, I better to let him explain...

The clip is quite lengthy, about 25 minutes long and takes several minutes to get to the vivid description of hell, but it is well worth listening to. Allow yourself some time to listen...make some tea or coffee and just listen! It will make you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment